10/24/12

Can you make my computer faster?

Right now I am fixing the computer I'm browsing on because it's general lag just was too much for me to a handle.

This computer is a year old and running Windows 7 and runs as if it were my 2003 XP Dell Desktop.

No one is perfect, but I wonder why people download certain programs sometimes.

What more do you need in a search engine that Google, Bing, or Yahoo can't provide??

I don't know who thought an "israel based search engine homepage" was a good program to download, but it accounted for much of the lack of speed.

My point being, take care when you download stuff off the internet! I make it a point to now download programs except from certain websites I trust (and have used for years).

Download.com and FileHippo are examples of my main source of downloaded content. Occasionally I use Github or a similiar Creative Commons/Open Source website to test out new programs.

Most I end up uninstalling.

If you don't use a program, delete the damn thing!

I try and run my uninstaller once a week (I used Advance Uninstaller PRO) to see what's been downloaded and if I can free up space and delete junk programs.

And I just tracked down the culprit linking keywords on certain webpages. PlayBryte. Malware Game App in disguise.

I can't really talk, I'm overdue for a reformat. Today perhaps.


No comments:

Post a Comment